Gingerbread Bones Dog Treats Recipe14 December 2021
Does your pup love Christmas and treats? Then whip them up a batch of these easy and festive Gingerbread Bones from our friends at Elmo’s Kitchen.
Whether you're baking for your own dog or your borrowed dog, your special pooch is sure to enjoy these tasty treats. And what's even better is they're so simple to make too!
- 3 tbsp molasses (make sure it's dog friendly, so with no added sweeteners)
- 120ml water
- 1 egg
- 350g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 180℃(160℃ for fan-assisted ovens) / 350F / Gas Mark 4
2. Mix together the molasses, egg and water.
3. Then add in the flour, cinnamon and ginger.
4. Combine so all the mixture comes together, then knead the dough for a couple of minutes.
5. Roll out the dough to about 5mm thickness.
6. Use a dog bone cookie cutter to cut shapes (or another shape if you prefer).
7. Place your Gingerbread Bones on a sheet of parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes.
8. Cool completely before giving to your pooch/storing.
9. Let your puppy pal enjoy a tasty Christmas treat!
Special treats are pawsome, but always make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. And always check a doggo is good with all the ingredients in a new treat before letting them have a taste.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
Other Christmas recipes
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!