The holidays are coming and it’s time to celebrate! Include your favourite doggy in the Christmas festivities with this simple recipe on a variation of Eggnog, or ‘Dognog’ as we like to call it. Pawfect for a Christmas treat from Santa Paws for all those good pups.
- 1 small pot greek low fat yogurt
- Small pack of fruit puree or baby food (go for something yellow/brown in colour, we went for squash and carrot)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of water
- In a blender add all of the ingredients.
- Blend together until frothy. You can hand mix but it will take longer for the mixture to become frothed.
- Pour into your doggies choice of mug or bowl and enjoy!
- TIP: For an extra special Dognog top off with your dog’s favourite treats.
This recipe will be enough for one dog. Keep refrigerated. You can freeze the leftover mixture into moulds for frozen treats too!
If you suspect your doggy has an allergy to lactose avoid this recipe or substitute the yogurt.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and should be enjoyed in moderation.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.