DIY Dog Pawprint Christmas Ornaments9 February 2023
Make your own doggy pawprint Christmas ornament, personalised for your BFF - best furry friend. If you have an extra curious pooch, make sure to place the ornament near the top of your tree as it's for decoration, not for consumption.
- 100 grams of flour
- 50 grams of salt
- 50 grams of water
- Food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 135℃ (115℃ for fan-assisted ovens)
2. Combine flour, salt and water and stir until the dough takes shape. If too sticky or too dry, add a little more flour or water
3. Knead the dough
4. Add 1-2 drops of food colouring. Add more if you prefer a more intense hue
5. Knead the dough again until the colouring is thoroughly combined
6. Flatten the dough
7. Place your dog's clean paw on the dough and push down evenly to make a pawprint
8. Clean your dog's paw well to remove any of the dough
9. Use a cookie cutter or cup to cut out the pawprint
10. Use the tip of a knife or toothpick to create a small hole on the top of the pawprint (for hanging your ornament)
11. Add to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
12. Loop a festive string through the hole, tie in a knot and add to your tree
This article is for information only. Always choose or make products depending on your individual dog's needs and by taking advice from your vet. If your dog becomes distressed getting their feet touched, this might not be the craft for you.
Other Christmas tips
Want to find out more about how you can have happy dog time with a local doggo, or find local, trusted dog care support?
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!