DIY Doggy Christmas Jumpers
What better way to get in the festive mood than making your best furry friend a Christmas jumper. So get your creative juices flowing, grab some old clothes, Christmasy decorations and get crafty.
- An old beanie (small to medium dogs)
- An old jumper or hoodie (medium or large dogs depending on jumper size)
- An old pair of socks (extra small to small dogs)
- Sewing kit or glue gun
- A variety of Christmas decorations
For your small or medium dog:
- Grab an old beanie.
- Make a cut at the top of the beanie. This will be for your pooches head and neck, so cut according to their size.
- Cut two holes either side of the beanie for your dog’s arm. Cut according to their size.
- Clean up any messy edges once all the cuts have been made.
- Time to decorate! Grab any unused Christmas decorations or head to your local craft shop to grab supplies.
- Attach decorations on the jumper securely. We opted for a glue gun, but sewing is another option.
For your medium, large or extra large dog:
- Find an old jumper or hoodie.
- You will need just the sleeve.
- Make a cut at the bottom of the sleeve, you can put the sleeve against your pooch for reference.
- Cut the top of the sleeve, you can follow the seam of jumper for ease.
- Make two cuts either side of the sleeve of arm holes. Use your doggy as reference if needed.
- Decorate as desired (cheesy as possible hopefully).
For your extra small or small dog:
- Hunt down some old socks.
- Cut just below the ankle of the socks.
- Then cut these in half.
- Layer the two squares on top of one another, make any adjustments if the squares are uneven.
- Sew or glue the squares together, leaving two holes for your doggy’s arm.
- Turn inside out.
- Decorate as desired.
And there you have it! We hope you enjoy making these DIY Doggy Christmas Jumpers. Do feel free to send us your attempts at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may even feature yours on our Facebook.
Other Christmas tips
To find your dog a loving borrower for extra walks, exercise and attention, or to find yourself a new doggy friend sign up and begin messaging pawtential matches in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!