Sweet potato biscuits3 October 2022
Sweet potato is not only considered a dog superfood but it’s a great ingredient to use in doggy baking! These sweet potato biscuits are super simple to make and are a great treat for you pup, especially around US Thanksgiving. Here’s how to make them:
- 1 sweet potato (mashed)
- 2 cups coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted ovens).
1. Prick the sweet potato using a fork, and microwave for around 6 minutes or until soft.
2. Once the potato is cool enough to handle, cut and mash the softened sweet potato using a fork.
3. In a bowl mix together the coconut flour, applesauce, eggs and sweet potato until you form a dough.
4. Add a little water if the dough is too dry or more flour if it's too sticky and wet.
5. Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the dough.
6. Using a cutter of your choice (we used a turkey), cut the dough and place the shaped dough onto a lined baking tray.
7. Bake at 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool and serve!
This recipe gave us 8 biscuits, but will depend on your cutter. Once baked and cooled keep them in an air-tight box and consume within a week.
If you suspect your dog has any allergies to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe. Feel free to use any flour of your choice, like rice flour or whole wheat, depending on your dog’s dietary requirements.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. And make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!