Sweet potato biscuits
Sweet potato is not only considered a dog superfood but it’s a great ingredient to use in doggy baking! These sweet potato biscuits are super simple to make and are a great treat for you pup, especially around Thanksgiving - we hear sweet potato is a staple in Thanksgiving dinner. Here’s how to make them:
- 1 sweet potato (mashed)
- 2 cups coconut flour
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Prick the sweet potato using a fork and microwave for around 6 minutes or until soft.
- Cut and mash soften sweet potato using a fork.
- In a bowl mix together the coconut flour, applesauce, eggs and sweet potato until dough forms.
- Add water or more flour where required.
- Dust a surface with flour and roll out the dough.
- Using a cutter of your choice (we used a turkey) cut the dough and place dough onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake biscuits at 180℃ for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and serve!
This recipe gave us 8 biscuits, but will depend on your cutter. Once served keep in an air-tight box and consume within a week.
If you suspect your dog has any allergies to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe. Feel free to use any flour of your choice, like rice flour or whole wheat, depending on your dog’s dietary requirements.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and should be enjoyed in moderation.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!