Sweet potato and apple bread for dogs28 May 2023
Did you know? Sweet potato is considered a superfood for dogs. It has a number of health benefits for your pooch including supporting a healthy digestive system with its high fibre content and providing vitamins such as B6, C and A, while also being low in fat.
Let your pup reap the benefits that sweet potato provides with this tasty dog friendly bread recipe. Who said healthy food is boring?
- 500g gram flour (chickpea flour)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 55g coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ tbsp honey
- 40g cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 40g unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted ovens)
2. Combine the flour and cinnamon
3. In a separate bowl mix together the honey, sweet potato, apple sauce, egg and coconut oil
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly
5. Grease a loaf or cake tin with coconut oil and pour the bread mix into the tin
6. Bake for 15 minutes
7. Cool and cut into small pieces for your doggy to enjoy!
This recipe should serve 3 dogs or 6-8 servings. Store in an air-tight container and consume within a week.
If you suspect your dog has any allergies to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and should be enjoyed in moderation.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!