Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe7 March 2017
Do you want to make an extra-special treat for your dog, owned or borrowed? Here's an easy, healthy, and delicious recipe from our friends at David Cuffe & Associates!
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks.
- 325g wholemeal flour
- 250g dog-friendly peanut butter
- 240ml water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- *If you want to make these wheat free, you can use rice flour of coconut flour as a replacement, but this might change the consistency...
1. Preheat oven to 175℃ (155℃ for fan-assisted oven)
2. In a large bowl combine the flour and the egg.
3. Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until the dough becomes firm, if it's too wet add some more flour, too dry then add more water.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1cm thick and use small bowls or cookie cutters to create different shapes.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool then serve!
Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. And make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find your dog a loving borrower for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging pawtential matches in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!