Liver cake16 October 2018
Treat your dog to a Danish delicacy with this easy homemade liver cake. Liver is said to provide your pup with a good source of protein, vitamin A, and good fatty acids. Not only will it make your doggy happy but healthy too!
- 300g chicken or lamb liver
- 250g flour of your choice (we use wholewheat)
- 1 large egg
- Milk or water
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted ovens)
2. Blend livers in a food processor or blender.
3. In a large bowl add egg and beat.
4. Add milk or water to double the quantity of liquid.
5. Add the liver to the milk and mix together.
6. Mix in the flour and stir until thoroughly mixed.
7. Spoon mixture in a cake tin or baking tray.
8. Bake at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes or until cake is cooked through when you can put a skewer into the middle of the cake and it comes out clean.
9. Cool, cut and serve to your pup.
If you suspect your doggy has an allergy to wheat you can use an alternative type of flour.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and enjoyed in moderation.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!