Doggy Pizza Pretzels11 October 2017
Hosting a pizza party soon? Or treating yourself to a cheeky takeaway? Don’t leave your favourite four-legged friend out. Why not cook up this simple pizza recipe making sure they are included in the fun too? The only thing left will be a wagging tale.
- 1 tube of tomato paste
- 50g shredded Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 120g whole wheat or whole grain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted)
2. In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together
3. Use your hands to bring the mixture into a dough
4. Once the dough is combined separate into small balls around 2 inches in size.
5. Use the palm of your hands to roll the ball into a long rope.
6. Then fold the rope into a pretzel shape (don’t worry if it doesn’t look perfect!)
7. Place the pizza pretzel on a greased baking tray. Repeat for the remaining dough.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180°C (160℃ for a fan-assisted oven).
9. Once cool, feed to your favourite pup!
If you suspect your dog is lactose intolerant or suffers from a dairy allergy we recommend avoiding this recipe.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. And make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find your dog a loving borrower for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging pawtential matches in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!