Doggy Jelly15 September 2022
Jelly, our favourite childhood treat can now be enjoyed by your dog too! This super simple recipe is not only quick but it can be easily adjusted to include your dog’s (borrowed or owned) favourite ingredients.
- Liquid of choice: chicken, beef or vegetable stock, or meat broth
- Unflavoured and unsweetened gelatin
- Treats of choice: Dog-friendly peanut butter, treats, pieces of meat, veg
In this recipe we used:
- 2 low sodium chicken stock cubes
- 1 and a half packets of beef gelatin
- Bone shaped treats
- 180ml hot water
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Place stock cubes in a jug and add boiling water
2. Stir until fully dissolved and add packets of gelatin.
3. Stir gelatin in thoroughly. If you’re adding peanut butter add this after the gelatin.
4. Pour mixture into a mould or dish.
5. If you’re adding dry treats or meat add them now.
6. Refrigerate for a few hours or until jelly is firm.
7. Unmould treats or cut if using a dish and let your doggy dig in!
These treats can be kept in the fridge for up to three days.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. And make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!