Doggy cheesecake17 September 2022
Now this a real treat for all pups, especially those with a sweet tooth! This baked cheesecake is delicious and easy to make. Why not give your pup, borrowed or owned, a special treat this weekend by whipping it up?
- 115g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 250g buckwheat flour
- 50g oat bran
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted ovens)
2. In a bowl beat the cream cheese until soft
3. Then mix in the eggs, honey, applesauce and water
4. In a separate bowl mix together the flour and oat bran
5. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
6. Add the mixture to a well greased pan and bake at 180℃(160℃ for fan-assisted ovens) for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean
7. Cool and serve!
This recipe should be able to feed 12 dogs. Once served keep in an air-tight box in the fridge and consume within 3 days.
If you suspect your dog has any allergies, like a dairy intolerance, to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. And make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!