Valentine's Day Heart Dog Biscuits9 February 2023
Reviewed by Dr Jill McMaster BVM&S MBA MRCVS, Veterinary Surgeon and in-house expert at BorrowMyDoggy on 14 June 2023
Share the puppy love this Valentine's Day with these all natural heart biscuits for your dog. With only four ingredients, they're easy to whip up and Cherry the black Lab confirms they're absowoofly delicious!
Thanks to our doggy dietary consultant friends at Elmo’s Kitchen for the recipe!
- 350 grams wheat flour
- 20 grams beetroot powder
- 200 grams goat or sheep yogurt
- 1 egg
1. Preheat your oven to 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted ovens)
2. Combine flour and beetroot powder in a bowl
3. Mix in yogurt and egg
4. Knead the dough and roll it out approximately 3-5mm thick (if the dough is a bit sticky to handle, add more flour)
5. Cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter
6. Place hearts on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
8. Once done, turn the oven off and allow the treats to cool inside the oven completely before removing
Once baked and cooled keep them in an air-tight box and consume within a week.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. And make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find your dog a loving borrower for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging pawtential matches in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!