Dog Birthday Cake
We believe dogs are family, so we've shared the pawfect recipe for a homemade doggy birthday cake. Whether you're looking to celebrate another year (or 7) of cuddles and waggy tails, or if you're celebrating a human birthday in the household and want to ensure your BFF (best furry friend) is included in the celebrations, this recipe is super easy to make and will be loved by your pooch.
- 1 egg
- 65g dog-safe peanut butter
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80g honey
- 135g grated carrots
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease a round or square cake tin/
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey in a large bowl.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Combine the flour and bicarbonate of soda and add to the carrot mixture. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Once the cake is cooled there's only one thing left to do, invite all your doggie friends over to share! Of course, it's important to ensure your pooch enjoys a treat in moderation, the remainder of the cake can be popped in the freezer for your next celebration.
If your dog is sensitive to any of the ingredients listed, have a sniff around for an alternative Recipaw.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!