Dog Birthday Cake15 December 2022
Reviewed by Dr Jill McMaster BVM&S MBA MRCVS, Veterinary Surgeon and in-house expert at BorrowMyDoggy on 13 June 2023
We believe dogs are family, so we've shared the pawfect recipe for a homemade doggy birthday cake. Whether you're looking to celebrate another year of cuddles and waggy tails, or if you're celebrating a human birthday in the household and want to ensure your BFF (best furry friend) is included in the celebrations, this recipe is super easy to make and will be loved by your pooch.
- 1 banana
- 1 medium egg
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 tbsp dog-safe peanut butter
- 100ml oat milk
- 120g oat flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃, and grease a round or square cake tin.
2. In a large bowl mash the banana.
3. Add the egg to the bowl and combine with the banana.
4. Add the carrot to the mixture along with the peanut butter.
5. Pour in the oat milk and mix well.
6. Add the oat flour and mix until well combined.
7. Spoon the mixture into your cake tin and pop in the oven.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer poked into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
Once the cake is cooled there's only one thing left to do, invite all your doggie friends over to share! Of course, it's important to ensure your pooch enjoys a treat in moderation, the remainder of the cake can be kept in a sealed container for up to a week or it can be popped in the freezer for up to a month, ready to defrost for your next celebration. Just make sure once defrosted your pooch enjoys within 24 hours.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. And make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
If your dog is sensitive to any of the ingredients listed, have a sniff around for an alternative Recipaw.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!