Cinnamon Dog Doughnuts5 September 2022
Reviewed by Dr Jill McMaster BVM&S MBA MRCVS, Veterinary Surgeon and in-house expert at BorrowMyDoggy on 13 June 2023
There’s nothing better than sharing one of your favourite treats with your furry friend. Now both you and your dog can chow down on doughnuts together with this easy dog friendly recipe. Pawfect for a night in with your four-legged friend!
- 1 cup or 120g wholemeal flour or alternative (i.e. rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup or 100g unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Warm water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted ovens).
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients; applesauce, egg and honey.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together in the large bowl to form a thick batter.
5. If the batter is too dry and crumbly add warm water, if too wet and sticky add more flour.
6. Form a small ball with the batter and place on a greased baking tray. Use your hands to make a small hole in the middle on the batter, or alternatively you can use a doughnuts mould.
7. Repeat for all of the batter.
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 180℃ (160℃ for fan-assisted) or until cooked through.
9. Leave to cool and serve to your furry friend. We recommend cutting donuts into smaller chunks.
If you suspect your doggy has an allergy to wheat you can use an alternative type of flour.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks.
Any new food should be added gradually to your dog's diet so they don't get a poorly tummy. Avoid giving your dog any foods that they are allergic or intolerant to, or if advised against by your vet.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!