Cheese and carrot illusion muffins for dogs
It’s time to step up your dog baking game… We’ve create an illusion recipe! What’s that you ask? Pawsome question! It’s one bake that looks like another. To test your dog baking skills we’ve whipped up delicious carrot and cheese dog friendly muffins but using an extra few ingredients for decoration, we’ve made them look like ice creams! Give them a go, here’s how to do so:
- 150g brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 50g grated cheddar
- 50g finely chopped carrots
- 1 pack of low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ice cream cones
- Dental sticks
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs then add milk.
- Then add wet ingredients to dry and mix well to make a batter.
- Mix in the grated cheese and carrots.
- Spoon the mixture into a well greased or lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on top and firm to touch.
- For the icing whip the cream cheese and honey together until fluffy.
- Ice the muffins when they are completely cool.
- Using the icing to then place the muffins on top of the ice cream cones, you may want to cut and shape your muffins for a perfect fit.
- Finally, for your “flake” make a small hole for your dental stick and place on top of the muffin.
- And serve!
This recipe gave us 6 muffins, but this will depend on your muffin cases. We recommend cutting the ice cream bake to a suitable size for your dog. If you don’t fancy decorating them you can always serve the muffins straight after baking! Consume within 2 days.
If you suspect your dog has any allergies to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe. Feel free to use any flour of your choice, like rice flour or whole wheat, depending on your dog’s dietary requirements.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and should be enjoyed in moderation.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!