Did you know? Sweet potato is considered a super food for dogs. It has a number of health benefits for your pooch including supporting a healthy digestive system with its high fibre content and providing vitamins such as B6, C and A, while also being low in fat.
Let your pup reap the benefits that sweet potato provides with this tasty dog friendly bread recipe. Who said healthy food is boring?
- 500g gram flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 55g coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ tbsp honey
- 40g mashed sweet potato
- 40g unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda
- In a separate bowl mix together the honey, sweet potato, apple sauce, egg and coconut oil
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a loaf or cake tin with coconut oil and pour the bread mix into the tin
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180℃
- Cool and cut into small pieces for your doggy to enjoy!
This recipe should serve 3 dogs or 6-8 servings. Store in an air-tight container and consume within a week.
If you suspect your dog has any allergies to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and should be enjoyed in moderation.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.