Jelly, our favourite childhood treat can now be enjoyed by your dog too! This super simple recipe is not only quick but it can be easily adjusted to include your dog’s (borrowed or owned) favourite ingredients.
- Liquid of choice: chicken, beef or vegetable stock, or meat broth
- Unflavoured and unsweetened gelatin
- Treats of choice: Peanut butter, treats, pieces of meat, veg
In this recipe we used:
- 2 cubes of chicken stock
- 1 and a half packets of beef gelatin
- Bone shaped treats
- ¾ cup hot water
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Place stock cube or granules in a jug and add boiling water
- Stir until fully dissolved and add packets of gelatin.
- Stir gelatin in thoroughly. If you’re adding peanut butter add this after the gelatin.
- Pour mixture into a mould or dish.
- If you’re adding dry treats or meat add them now.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or until jelly is firm.
- Unmold treats or cut if using a dish and let your doggy dig in!
These treats can be kept in the fridge for up to three days.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.