If you’ve got a reason for a celebration or maybe if your doggy just deserves a special treat, bake them this tasty coconut and berry cake. Easy to whip up and fun to decorate - you’re guaranteed to have a pawsome time making this recipe.
For the cake
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 200 g or 1½ cup coconut flour
- 25g or ¼ cup blueberries
For the icing
- 150g plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Blueberries (optional)
- Doggy treats (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the coconut oil, honey and eggs.
- Once thoroughly mixed sift in the flour and blueberries.
- Grease a cake tin and spoon in the cake mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180℃ or until centre is firm.
- For the icing mix together yoghurt and honey.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool.
- Decorate cake as desired with blueberries, dog treats or other treats.
Coconut can help with your pup’s digestion, improve their coats, and help prevent infection, however, as with all of our ReciPaws we recommend to follow vet guidelines if concerned.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.