Peanut butter pies
Pies are such a hearty British favourite and our doggies shouldn’t miss out on the action. We’ve put together this doggy friendly pie recipe which can be whipped up in no time. Why not treat them this weekend?
For the pastry
- 90g whole wheat flour or flour of preference
- 50g ground oatmeal
- 60g applesauce
For the filling
- 100g doggy friendly peanut butter
- Small pot of plain greek yogurt
- Heaped tablespoon of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a bowl mix together the flour and oats
- Add the applesauce and stir well.
- Gradually add some water until a dough starts to form.
- Using a cutter or a upturned glass, cut the dough and place into a greased cupcake tin or appropriate mold.
- Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 180℃ or until pies are baked, remove to cool.
- For the filling mix together the peanut butter, greek yogurt, cream cheese and honey until fully mixed.
- Once the pies are fully cooled remove them from the tin and spoon in the filling.
- Serve to your favourite pup!
If you suspect your doggy has a allergy to wheat you can use an alternative type of flour. You can leave out or substitute any dairy products if your dog has a sensitivity to them.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!