It’s safe to say that dogs love human food, so why not treat them to a human favourite… Pineapple upside (or should we say pupside) down cake! It’s a delicious treat for birthdays and occasions.
- 1 fresh pineapple cored
- 60g coconut oil
- 125g unsweetened applesauce
- 125g honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 90g oats
- 100 g oat flour
- 125ml water
- Cut the pineapple into rings.
- Line a cake tin with pineapple and cover with coconut oil.
- Bake on a low heat (160℃) for 30 mins
- In a bowl add the applesauce, honey, cinnamon, and oats. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the oat flour to the mixture. Use the water if the mix gets too thick.
- Once the pineapple is baked, remove from the oven.
- Pour the cake mixture on top of the cooked pineapple, ensuring all the pineapple is covered.
- Put the cake back into the oven at 180℃ for around 30 minutes or until the cake starts to crisp.
- Let cake cool and then when you’re ready… Turn upside down and serve!
This recipe makes a large cake and is best served to a number of dogs as it provides a very large serving - half ingredients for a smaller portion if necessary. Once served keep in an air-tight container and consume within 5 days.
If you suspect your dog has any allergies to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and should be enjoyed in moderation.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.