Fruitcake… Some love it, some hate it, but your dog shouldn’t miss out on it! So we’ve whipped up a fruity cake recipe that your dog can enjoy. Pawfect for a dog birthday or if your pooch just deserve a delicious treat.
- 350g almond flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Handful of chopped strawberries
- Small tub of organic plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons almond or peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 180℃
- Mix together flour, honey, eggs and half of the coconut oil
- Fold in strawberries to the cake mixture
- Grease a cake tin with the remaining coconut oil
- Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake for 10-15 minutes
- For the icing mix yogurt and peanut butter and leave in the fridge while cake cooks
- Leave cake to cool before icing
- Decorate your cake with icing, treats of your choice and any remaining strawberries
- Cut into bite size pieces of your dog and let them enjoy!
This recipe should be able to feed 4-5 dogs, or a number of servings for 1 or 2 dogs. Once served keep in an air-tight box in the fridge and consume within 3 days.
Ensure to use dog friendly peanut butter, and watch out for xylitol which is toxic to dogs. If you suspect your dog has any allergies to the ingredients used try using a substitute or avoid this recipe.
Make sure to always adjust your dog’s daily food allowance so they don’t gain weight while enjoying their delicious new snacks. These are treats and should not be substituted for a meal and should be enjoyed in moderation.
To find a borrower for your dog or the pawfect doggy to borrow, for extra walks, exercise and attention, sign up and begin messaging members in your area.