BorrowMyDoggy as great way to save money
Vet Pete at the Irish Examiner has written an article on how to save money on pet ownership with Christmas approaching, and the ongoing cost of living crisis.
He pleads that significant savings can be made right at the beginning of pet ownership. Among many things, he lists BorrowMyDoggy as a way to save money:
Another area where you can save money on costs is when you have to have your pet cared for by someone else. Professional dog walkers, boarding kennels and catteries can be costly, and the internet has led to some money-saving alternatives.
Other things he mentions as money-saving options include:
- don't spend hundreds of Euro on a puppy; you can adopt one from a dog rescue centre for a fraction of the price.
- taking out pet insurance is a good step for new pet owners, as it allows them to budget for their pet's healthcare and saves money in the long run.
- a regular payment plan for preventive health care can be the most cost effective way to ensure your pet's health.
- buying a mid-priced dog food that is nutritionally balanced and contains high quality ingredients is more economical in the long run than buying the cheapest dog food.
- buying a bigger bag of pet food makes economic sense, as dry biscuits can be stored for long periods and loyalty or subscription schemes offer free bags.
- there are many ways to save money on pet care, one of which is finding someone to walk your dog for free. Cue BorrowMyDoggy 🐶
- you don't need to spend a lot of money on Christmas gifts for dogs - they'll be just as happy with something simple.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!