June Breed of the Month - Golden Retrievers
Another month gone means another Breed of the Month to celebrate - high paws! This time we are highlighting the gorgeous Golden Retriever. Here are a few fun facts to help you learn more about the pawsome breed.
Did you know?
- They instinctively love to swim and they have a water repellent coats that shed seasonally.
- They are often used for search and rescue as they have a keen sense of smell and great tracking abilities.
- The breed was developed in Scotland in the late 19th century.
- They are considered the fourth smartest breed.
- The Guinness World Record for the most tennis balls held in a dogs mouth is owned by Augie the Golden Retriever with 5 balls!
Retrievers make great companions, they are known to be emotionally intelligent and make great therapy dogs. Retrievers make for great family dogs, however they can grow up to be strong and rambunctious so these pawsome pups are great for families with older children.
Here are some of our Golden Retriever members:
Why not share a photo of your Retriever with us on Facebook or by using the hashtag #BreedoftheMonth.
Do you have a Retriever that would love some extra walks or company? Or perhaps you’d love to borrow a Golden Retriever? Sign up to see the potential matches in your area now.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!