This is a fun trick to teach your dog and it'll amaze all of your friends. If they already know how to give their paw, then they will learn this trick in no time.
- Ask your dog to sit and give you their paw. Reward them.
- Ask for your dog’s paw again. This time back away slightly and wait a second before you catch it and reward them.
- Hold the item slightly to the side of the dog.
- Ask your dog to raise their paw and they’ll naturally rest their paw on the item.
- When they touch it, say ‘GOOD’ and reward them while saying ‘FOOT’.
- Reward your dog when touching the item, not back on the ground.
Superstar Dogs by Julie Tottman, http://amzn.to/2jWBNOl Out now, why not get your own? Published by Seven Dials, RRP £9.99.
If you try this with your doggy (owned or borrowed) send us a video to email@example.com along with the dog’s name.
BorrowMyDoggy connects dog owners with local borrowers for walks, sitting and holiday care.
If you haven’t already, sign up to BorrowMyDoggy and help us leave “Pawprints of Happiness’ on the lives of dogs and humans.