Dog home boarding near you
What are the benefits of home boarding?
Sometimes our pooches can’t join us on trips and holidays, and we need someone to help us with dog care. It can be stressful, worrying about where they are and what they’re upto when you are not with them, but home boarding can be a great way for your pup to enjoy their home comforts when you can’t be with them. So, what are the benefits of home boarding?
- Cosy comforts - Being in a home has the advantages of warm beds and sofas (if they’re allowed up!), which can let your pup enjoy long snoozes and relaxing breaks in a familiar feeling environment.
- One to one attention - When staying in a home, dogs tend to benefit from a bit more individual attention, playtime and exercise than in a kennel space with lots of dogs.
- Peace and quiet - Some dogs love the noise and excitement of busy kennels, but for others that kind of experience can be a bit stressful. These dogs prefer a home away from home and a quieter space.
- Making Fur-iends - Some dogs enjoy a sleepover with their best puppy pal. Staying over with a familiar dog in a comfy home environment can reduce your pup’s anxiety whilst you are away.
Important things to think about when organising home boarding for your dog
If you’re thinking of having your dog stay with someone else in their home, there are a few things you should consider first.
- Always get to know the person they are staying with first so they are not a stranger. BorrowMyDoggy provides verification checks on all our premium members and we still stress how important it is to get to know each other really well, so that the borrower, owner and the dog are happy and familiar with each other before any borrowing or sleepovers.
- Let your pup visit where they are going before they stay, so it’s a familiar space. This means that when it comes to you leaving your pooch, they are in an environment they know, are comfortable and will be more relaxed.
- Make sure whoever is looking after your pup knows their quirks and habits. All dogs have little things they do that others might not be aware of. Do they enjoy rummaging through the laundry basket? Are they a counter surfer when it comes to lunchtime? What time do they need their first and last toilet breaks, and do they have a special way they tell you when they need out? All of these things can be very useful to make sure your dog can be safe and relaxed when staying over.
- Make sure you are covered by insurance before letting your dog stay with someone else. This is not only to protect your dog if they become unwell or injured, but you should also have third party insurance in case your pup causes any damage to the other person’s property.
- Always provide the person your dog is staying with, with your contact details, your vets contact details and any other necessary information. The BorrowMyDoggy 24/7 Vetline can be a super useful tool for a dog borrower with a question while you’re away!
A lot of dogs (and owners!) find home boarding a great alternative to kennels. And with BorrowMyDoggy there are trusted, insured, local people looking to help with your dog over holidays and weekends in their homes, not for payment, but just because they love dogs and want to experience happy dog time.
Register for free to see nearby dog boarding options!
Other dog care nearby
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!