May Breed of the Month - Pug
Yet another month over but not to worry it’s time for Breed of the Month. This month we are celebrating Pugs, so here are pawsome facts about them.
Did you know?
- A group of pugs is called a grumble.
- Pugs are known for their curly tails that curve up towards their bodies.
- Queen Victoria loved pugs.
- There is a Pug with an MBA. Chester received a 3.19 GPA and got an A in Finance.
- Historically, in China, there was a belief that you could read their face wrinkles and they could see characters in their unique wrinkles.
Pugs are happy, affectionate, loyal and charming dogs. They are often described as clowns of the canine world as they have a great sense of humor and like to show it. Pugs have a short, double coat and are known for shedding. Pugs are prone to certain health conditions, including some that can be due to to issues associated with their short face and curly tails. Not all Pugs will get any or all of these problems but it’s important to be aware of these potential issues if you’re looking at owning your own Pug.
Here are some of our Pug members:
Why not share a photo of your Pug with us on Facebook or by using the hashtag #BreedoftheMonth
Do you have a Pug that would love some extra walks or company? Or perhaps you’d love to borrow a Pug? Sign up to see the potential matches in your area now.
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!