DIY Denim Dog Toy22 February 2023
Reviewed by Dr Jill McMaster BVM&S MBA MRCVS, Veterinary Surgeon and in-house expert at BorrowMyDoggy on 14 June 2023
Does your dog’s toy basket need an update? Here’s the perfect tug toy for your pooch to chew and play fetch with for hours - all you need is a pair of old denim jeans.
- An old pair of jeans
1. Cut off one leg from an old pair of jeans that have no embellishments, buckles, sparkles, buttons etc on the leg
2. Cut the leg into two strips.
3. Place the strips on top of each other to form a cross.
4. Fold the vertical strip around the horizontal strip.
5. Pass the horizontal strip over then under the vertical strip.
6. Pull the strips tight to secure a knot.
7. Repeat until the denim ball is your preferred size.
8. Ready to play!
Always supervise your dog with their toys, and if the toy becomes damaged or chewed up, take it away from your dog. If your dog is one for swallowing bits of fabric or eating toys, then this toy isn't the right one for them.
Want to find out more about how you can have happy dog time with a local doggo, or find local, trusted dog care support?
Know someone who’d love this?
Want to hear about a different kind of dog care that both you and your dog will love?
Or perhaps you’re a dog lover who can’t have one of your own right now?
We have the pawfect solution, BorrowMyDoggy!