Teaching your dog to answer to their name is one of the most important commands they can learn. This way you can ensure safety and enjoy the benefits of exercising off the lead.
- Put a lead and collar on your dog.
- Go down to their level. Say ‘COME’ while gently pulling on the lead.
- When they get to you, reward them with affection and a treat.
- Once they know how to do this, remove the lead.
- Keep practising in a safe and enclosed area.
Put this tip into action and let us know if it helped your dog, owned or borrowed.
BorrowMyDoggy connects dog owners with local borrowers for walks, sitting and holiday care.
If you haven’t already, sign up to BorrowMyDoggy and help us leave “Pawprints of Happiness’ on the lives of dogs and humans.