Does your pup need a bath? Here’s how to give them a stress-free bath in 8 easy steps!
- Create a peaceful environment with everything ready to go. Treats, toys and praise will convince your dog that bathtime is fun.
- Use a shallow tub with a non-slip mat.
- Depending on your dog's size, carry them into the tub or encourage them to step in themselves. If they're hesitant, use treats, not force.
- Keep calm and use an even voice to reassure your dog that this is a positive experience.
- Make sure the water temperature is comfortable. Not too hot, not too cold.
- Use a moisturising shampoo that doesn’t irritate your dog’s skin and coat.
- Take special care when washing your dog’s face. Don’t pour water over their head and be extra gentle around their ears.
- Once finished, take your dog out of the tub and dry his body with a fluffy towel. Give them extra cuddles and treats.
Put this tip into action and let us know how you and how you get on with your dog, owned or borrowed.
BorrowMyDoggy connects dog owners with local borrowers for walks, sitting and holiday care.
If you haven’t already, sign up to BorrowMyDoggy and help us leave “Pawprints of Happiness’ on the lives of dogs and humans.