July Breed of the Month - Springer Spaniels
July is over, but not to worry because it’s time for Breed of the Month. This month we’re celebrating Springer Spaniels, so here are a few fun facts to learn more about the pawsome breed.
Did you know?
- There are two different Springer breeds, English and Welsh Springer Spaniels.
- They originate from Spain and were later introduced to Europe.
- There are many paintings from the 16th Century with dogs looking very much like Springers.
- Springer Spaniels and Cocker Spaniels used to be the same breed but in 1920 they were distinguished.
- They come in nine different coat colour combinations.
Springer Spaniels are an intelligent, eager to please, enthusiastic breed. They are usually great around children and are affectionate towards their families. As they’re hunting dogs, they require a lot of exercise. They need some grooming and a trim around every 2 to 3 months.
Here are some of our Springer Spaniel members:
Why not share a photo of your Springer Spaniel with us on Facebook or by using the hashtag #BreedoftheMonth
Do you have a Springer that would love some extra walks or company? Or perhaps you’d love to borrow a Springer Spaniel? Sign up to see the potential matches in your area now.