Tips for finding your pawfect borrower
So you’ve created your profile and you’re wondering what’s next? We’re here to give you a helping paw on how to find your pawfect match.
Your profile is where borrowers can learn about your dog's cute habits, funny quirks, and unique needs
- Want to make your profile as pawsome as pawsible? Check out our top tips here.
- Borrowers prefer to get in touch with and be messaged by fully verified, premium owners and their dogs, so becoming a premium member, and completing our safety checks, will increase your chances of finding borrowers.
- To begin our safety checks, log in to your profile and click ‘Go Premium now’ on the right hand side of the page.
- Learn more about verification by following this link.
We absowoofly recommend contacting the borrowers that have favourited your pooch, as they have already expressed an interest, as well as others.
- Sniff through your local borrowers and message any who you think would like to spend time with your dog. To do this, go to their profile, and click ‘Send a message.’
- Borrower can message you first, but we recommend messaging borrowers as soon as you sign up or if you’re looking for some help a it's very likely many haven't seen your doggy’s profile yet.
- For tips on sending the best message, follow this link.
- When choosing which members to message, bear in mind only premium, verified borrowers can reply - here's how to tell if a borrower is verified.
Whenever a borrower likes your dog, basic or premium, you will be notified of this via email.
- When you log in to your profile, go to ‘My Dashboard’, and you will be shown all of the borrowers that have added your dog to their likes.
- We would recommend contact all of these members as they are interested in your dog and offering a helping paw.
Adjusting your search filters can often help you find a pawfect borrower.
- You can sort your searches in a number of ways. While it’s tempting to search for those that are nearest, you can often find the most active borrowers and those looking for match by sorting by “Newest” or “Recently updated”.
- If you look for a particular time when borrowers can look after your dog, like weekdays in the day time or holidays you can use select by availability.
- There are a wide variety of search filters so why not adjust some to help you on your search.
- Want to see how likely an owner is to reply to your message? Our new feature, ‘The Activity Scale’, does just that! You’ll see it on every member’s profile so you can decide if you’d like to send them a message.
- The more active the member the more likely they are to message back quicker.
- Don’t rule potential borrowers if they aren’t as active, they may not have received a message recently.
What’s next? The ‘Welcome Woof!’
Once you've messaged with a pawtential match and feel comfortable, you’re ready to schedule your first meet and greet, the ‘Welcome Woof’.
- This is a wagtastic opportunity for the owner, borrower, and dog to get to know each other, and share important details.
- Read our blog ‘7 tips for your 'Welcome Woof'’ to ensure everyone has the best time pawsible.
The BorrowMyDoggy Team